How We Help
Crisis Responders are available immediately to respond to requests for assistance from police officers, emergency service providers, or self-referrals by attending on-site or by telephone.
Our teams of trained crisis responders will:
- Provide emotional support including answering questions and providing information that helps lessen the impact of the crisis.
- Provide practical assistance as needed. This may include transportation and/or accompanying you to emergency services (i.e. a shelter or hospital), making phone calls upon request or other helpful tasks.
- Provide you with appropriate, and helpful information relevant to your situation.
- Provide referrals to services in the community that aids you in accessing resources for further assistance.
- Assistance in identifying and gathering natural supports.
- Encourage opportunity to talk and have your feelings validated.
- Educate and empower.
- Assistance in developing personal safety plans.