Don’t be a Bully
According to stopabully.ca and a University of BC study,statistics for Bullying in Canada are:
- » 64 per cent of kids had been bullied at school.
- » 12 per cent were bullied regularly (once or more a week).
- » 13 per cent bullied other students regularly (once or more a week).
- » 72 per cent observed bullying at school at least once in a while.
- » 40 per cent tried to intervene.
- » 64 per cent considered bullying a normal part of school life.
- » 20-50 per cent said bullying can be a good thing (makes people tougher, is a good way to solve problems, etc.).
- » 25-33 per cent said bullying is sometimes OK and/or that it is OK to pick on losers.
- » 61-80 per cent said bullies are often popular and enjoy high status among their peers.