Is any unwanted act of a sexual nature. This includes: everything from inappropriate touching or any sexual encounter. These are crimes of aggression where sex is the weapon used. Sexual Assault covers all forms of unwanted sexual contact, not only what is commonly known as rape.
If you, or someone you know have been affected by the above, or you want information on how to cope from a past or present situation. We have resources that we can share with you to help overcome some of the hurdles.
For example we have:
- Common Emotions and Reactions
- Directory for Adult Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- How to Help A Survivor of Childhood Sexual Assault
- Male Survivors of Sexual Assault
- The Impact After a Sexual Assault
Child Sexual Assault
- 7 Steps to Protecting Our Children
- What Happens When You Tell
- The Secret of the Silver Horse
- When Boys Have Been Sexually Abused
- When Children Act Out Sexually
- When Girls Have Been Sexually Abused
These are just a few examples of the resources we have at our office. If you are looking for more resources or referrals in your local area give us a call at 1-866-376-9852 – 24 hour contact line.