Victim Quick Response Program
The Victim Quick Response Program is administered by Victim Service providers in the province of Ontario and established by the Ministry of the Attorney General to provide timely assistance to victims of the most violent crimes.
VQRP offers immediate assistance to provide limited financial support to victims of violent crimes that include homicide, serious physical assault, domestic violence, sexual assault and hate crimes.
VQRP comprises three components that will provide financial assistance for:
Short-term immediate counselling services;
Funding for Funeral expenses for victims of homicide and;
Funding for immediate emergency expenses in the following five categories:
- Crime scene clean-up where the use of a specialized service is required;
- Emergency home repairs to secure the premises for the immediate safety of victims;
- Transportation costs for the most economical and practical means of travel to support a victim who has suffered emotional and/or physical harm as a result of violent crime or, for a family member to identify a victim of homicide
- Emergency child care and dependent care for elderly or special needs dependents to support a victim who has suffered emotional and/or physical harm as a result of violent crime or, to enable a family member to identify a victim of homicide;
- Emergency accommodation and meals where there are no secure housing options available.
Eligible applicants may be referred to a Victim Service provider by a police service after a crime has been reported or, in the case of domestic violence and sexual assault, by the community agency providing support services to victims and to which the crime was reported. Eligible applicants may also contact the Victim Service provider directly however, a Criminal Code offense must have occurred and been reported to a Police Service or community agency providing service to victims of domestic violence or sexual assault in the province of Ontario.
To learn more about this program call our 24 hour line 1-866-376-9852.
Funding for this Program is provided by the Government of Ontario.