To apply for a volunteer position, please complete the online application form on our website, or call our office at 1-888-577-3111.
The application process includes an interview, reference checks, a criminal check and a Child Welfare check and 40+ hours of training.
Volunteers must make a one-year commitment to the program including 36-48 hours per month on-call.
On-call shifts run 24/7 and volunteers pick their own shifts to accommodate their own schedule. When called out to support a victim, you will assist victims on-scene with a partner or over the telephone and have access to a shift coordinator who manages the overall call.
Volunteers must also commit to attending a monthly volunteer meeting.
Volunteers are provided with opportunities for ongoing training, social events and other volunteer positions as they become available.
Victim Services Bruce Grey Perth follows the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement organizational standards:
- Mission-based approach – Volunteer involvement is aligned with organizational goals.
- Human Resources – Volunteers are valued and considered integral members of the team.
- Program Planning and Policies – Policies and procedures provide the framework which defines volunteer involvement.
- Program Administration – Volunteer managers have the skills and experience to oversee the volunteer program.
- Volunteer Assignments – Meaningful volunteer involvement.
- Recruitment – Internal and external strategies to develop a broad volunteer base.
- Screening – Volunteer screening is ongoing, essential and consistent.
- Orientation and Training – Designed to prepare volunteers for the work and is ongoing.
- Supervision – Regular supervision with opportunities to offer and received feedback.
- Recognition – Meaningful acknowledgement of volunteer contribution.
- Records Management – Standardized documentation and records management practices.
- Evaluation – Regular review of goals and obtaining volunteer and client feedback to ensure mandate is being met.
Thank you for your interest in Victim Services. We look forward to hearing from you!